develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2010

Re: How do i compile blead without DEBUGGING?

From:
Reini Urban
Date:
Re: How do i compile blead without DEBUGGING?
Message ID:
AANLkTinCG1tW6_mtzlDhDpfKBZ0EI0HgXyU1gFF5FnNB@mail.gmail.com
2010/7/13 Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 06:59:13PM -0400, George Greer wrote:
>> >
>> >This is not what INSTALL says...
>> >
>> >=item -DEBUGGING=-g
>> >
>> >=item -Doptimize=-g
>> >
>> >Adds -g to optimize, but does not set -DDEBUGGING.
>
>> Which would you prefer to be correct, the documentation or the
>> implementation?
>
> "Yes".
>
> [Neither the question nor the answer are technically useful].
>
> Which would *I* prefer to be correct*ed*?
>
> The implementation. To match the current documentation. I consider it a
> misfeature that there are side effects when setting -Doptimize

Me also. This sideeffect is not documented, it already led to a stupid
problem at fedora
and I hated it when testing for cygwin what fedora originally wanted:
provide seperate -debug packages.
-Doptimize=-g should *NOT* magically turn on -DDEBUGGING
--
Reini