develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2010

Re: How do i compile blead without DEBUGGING?

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
Re: How do i compile blead without DEBUGGING?
Message ID:
20100713095148.GV48531@plum.flirble.org
On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 06:59:13PM -0400, George Greer wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
>
> >On 12 July 2010 14:04, George Greer <perl@greerga.m-l.org> wrote:
> >>Configure checks for "-g" in -Doptimize and flips -DDEBUGGING for you
> >>automatically.  Try:
> >
> >This is not what INSTALL says...
> >

> >=item -DEBUGGING=-g
> >
> >=item -Doptimize=-g
> >
> >Adds -g to optimize, but does not set -DDEBUGGING.

> Which would you prefer to be correct, the documentation or the
> implementation?

"Yes".

[Neither the question nor the answer are technically useful].

Which would *I* prefer to be correct*ed*?

The implementation. To match the current documentation. I consider it a
misfeature that there are side effects when setting -Doptimize

Nicholas Clark