develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2010

Re: How do i compile blead without DEBUGGING?

From:
demerphq
Date:
Re: How do i compile blead without DEBUGGING?
Message ID:
AANLkTilxWR89QXaL7qT9nPM-Xnn95-d3XekbXicMXgk_@mail.gmail.com
On 12 July 2010 14:04, George Greer <perl@greerga.m-l.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010, demerphq wrote:
>
>> There doesn't seem to be a way to use -Dusedevel and not have DEBUGGING
>> enabled.
>>
>> I tried:
>>
>> ./Configure -Doptimize=-g -d -Dusedevel -Dcc=ccache\ gcc -Dld=gcc
>> -Duseithreads
>>
>> ./Configure -d -Dusedevel -UDEBUGGING -Duseithreads -Dcc=ccache\ gcc
>> -Dld=gcc
>>
>> And both lead to debugging being enabled.
>>
>> Is this a configure bug?
>
> Configure checks for "-g" in -Doptimize and flips -DDEBUGGING for you
> automatically.  Try:
>
> ./Configure -des -A append:ccflags=' -g3' ...
>
> That worked for me. (The "3" being optional, of course.)

If i delete config.sh first that worked. The others dont tho.

Im confused.

yves