develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2010

Re: Barriers to contribution (was Re: kill $1 broken in 5.12.1)

From:
Jesse Vincent
Date:
Re: Barriers to contribution (was Re: kill $1 broken in 5.12.1)
Message ID:
20100704185349.GD10792@puppy

On Sat  3.Jul'10 at  9:24:35 -0400, David Golden wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 6:49 PM, George Greer <perl@greerga.m-l.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2 Jul 2010, David Golden wrote:
> >
> >> I wish our "wizards" had more time to write that kind of stuff down
> >> for those who might be interested but don't know where to start.
> >
> > Random thought I had after my other e-mail:
> >
> >        perlguts wiki?
>
> I thought that's what the corehackers wiki was trying to be until it stalled.
>
> http://corehackers.perl.org/wiki/index.php5?title=Main_Page

Just to add a bikeshed to the mix, ingy and casey west did some work
with the folks at SocialText over YAPC::NA to upgrade the perl5 and
perl6 wikis that had previously been held hostage in an ancient version
of SocialText into a brand new install of the latest (and much more
pleasant) version of the software that SocialText are now hosting
and keeping up to date for us.

At the same time, Ingy's built some tooling to clone the wiki into
github after each update to make it easier if we later decide to bail
for another wiki product.

-Jesse