develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2010

PATCH: [perl #75548], revised [perl #74702], \N{} handling

From:
karl williamson
Date:
May 30, 2010 13:33
PATCH: [perl #75548], revised [perl #74702], \N{} handling
Message ID:
4C02CB7D.8020007@khwilliamson.com
This email is sort of an experiment to see how RT handles two different
ticket numbers in the subject line.  I was tempted to include more, but
decided I'd better wait.

Now that we are sending patches to perlbug in order to generate a ticket
number, so they don't get lost, it creates a bit of a dilemma if you
have patches to more than one ticket, but they need to be applied in a
certain order.  So that's what I'm trying here.

This is a series of commits, all to do with charnames.pm.  The first one
was submitted, but hasn't been applied yet, and I think it may no longer
cleanly apply to blead; so I'm resubmitting it, and at the same time, I
modified it slightly to take advantage of the new EBCDIC functionality
in test.pl.

The others are mostly tiny; except one commit adds a number of aliases
for \N{} to understand.

The final one fixes the problem of viacode returning the least desirable
name when there are multiple possibilities.

I have more fixes to add to charnames, but will stop at two ticket
numbers in the same email.