develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2010

Lobbying for early consideration of two patches

From:
karl williamson
Date:
May 30, 2010 05:44
Subject:
Lobbying for early consideration of two patches
Message ID:
4C025D9C.7000607@khwilliamson.com
I am unable to deliver some other patches that depend on these, or
rather, would cause merge hassles.

The first is a trivial patch that removes the need in perldiag.pod to
double backslashes, as they are not output by Perl to the user doubled.
  It's a one line change in a diag.t, plus the changes to the data it
examines to remove the extra backslashes.  I have code that will change
some of these diagnostic messages, so I'm waiting for this to be fixed
before delivering that to avoid merge hassles.  The url is:
http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=75126

The second is performance enhancements to mktables (and an option useful
to me for development when running it by hand).  This is not trivial,
but it patches code I wrote, and am intimately familiar with.  This
patch just barely didn't make the 5.12 freeze deadline, and has been
hanging out since.  There are several enhancements to \N{} processing
that need mktables changes, and it's just easier for me to know if these
changes are going to make it into blead or not.
http://rt.perl.org/rt3//Public/Bug/Display.html?id=75018