develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2010

Storable - Feature-request - alternate freeze/thaw hooks

From:
tabris
Date:
May 29, 2010 13:18
Subject:
Storable - Feature-request - alternate freeze/thaw hooks
Message ID:
4C017676.7010706@tabris.net
Pursuant to the bug in Math::BigInt::GMP
(https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=57064), I request a new
thaw hook that rather than being passed in an existent dummy-object, we
only receive the frozen value, so that we may return a brand new object.
I cannot find a way to take the existent Math::BigInt::GMP constructor
to create a new object that matches a _particular_ pointer value.

Also, it would be nice if we could have an alternate freeze hook that
lets us change the type of the object being frozen, so that
Math::BigInt::GMP could return a frozen object that is thawed as
Math::BigInt (which would perhaps obviate the new thaw hook for this
case). it ought not be required that when thawing a Math::BigInt::GMP
object that Math::BigInt::GMP must be available.