develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2010

RE: Getting perl-5.12.x from ftp.linux.activestate.com (or not)

From:
Jan Dubois
Date:
May 27, 2010 00:24
RE: Getting perl-5.12.x from ftp.linux.activestate.com (or not)
Message ID:
000001cafd6d$aaa84ee0$fff8eca0$@activestate.com
On Thu, 27 May 2010, demerphq wrote:
> On 25 May 2010 18:13, Green, Paul <Paul.Green@stratus.com> wrote:
> > In the past, it has been possible to run rsync against
> > ftp.linux.activestate.com to get a copy of the current versions
> > of perl.
> >
> > Is there some reason that perl-5.12.x is not available?
> >
> > I can view and download 5.005, 5.6.2, 5.6.x, 5.8.x, 5.10.x, and
> > perl-current, but nothing else.
> >
> > Should I be going against a different web site now?
>
> I guess that AS isnt mirroring new branches that we set up in their
> copy of the APC.

The ActiveState APC area was supposed to be offline by now; I was
surprised that it was still providing sync points to the stale
trees.  I've asked that all sync points except for the CPAN and
BACKPAN mirrors be removed from ftp.linux.activestate.com to
avoid any further confusion.

Cheers,
-Jan