develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2010

[perl #41480] PATCH: Die on deprecated %ash->{$k} and @rray->[$i] syntax

From:
Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
Date:
May 25, 2010 13:34
Subject:
[perl #41480] PATCH: Die on deprecated %ash->{$k} and @rray->[$i] syntax
Message ID:
AANLkTilpkqWT-suHJznefWgYZXn-iQCQaHTEbK00DQPv@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 18:04, Nicholas Clark <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> This is a bug report for perl from nick@ccl4.org,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.35 running under perl v5.8.8.
>
> $ ./perl -we 'shift @foo if @foo->[0];'
> Using an array as a reference is deprecated at -e line 1.
> $ ./perl -we 'keys %foo if %foo->{"bar"};'
> Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at -e line 1.
>

> Would it simplify anything to actually remove the syntax before 5.10?

Here's a patch to hard-deprecate these for 5.14. I didn't find any
prior art for testing for s/warn/die/, maybe this'll do.