develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2010

Re: package block syntax

From:
Zefram
Date:
May 19, 2010 10:14
Re: package block syntax
Message ID:
20100519171428.GT20797@lake.fysh.org
chromatic wrote:
>	package Parent {
>		package Child {

That's an orthogonal issue.  If someone wants to add a package nesting
syntax, we can have that in both forms too:

	package Parent {
		package +Child {
			# Parent::Child
		}
	}

	{
		package Parent;
		{
			package +Child;
			# Parent::Child
		}
	}

I'm neutral on whether the non-nesting nature of "package" should
be documented.  I think it's clear enough as it is, but pointing out
implications can be useful.  However, if it *is* documented, then it
should be documented as a general feature of "package" (which it is),
and not specifically linked to the package block syntax (which it is not).

-zefram