develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2010

perlhist.pod/SELECTED-RELEASE-SIZES proposed update.

From:
Curtis Jewell
Date:
May 16, 2010 16:04
Subject:
perlhist.pod/SELECTED-RELEASE-SIZES proposed update.
Message ID:
1274051064.10675.1375359433@webmail.messagingengine.com
I've noticed this hadn't been updated since 5.10.0 (prodded by IRC
conversation)  and I quickly hacked together a script to do it. (said
script is attached.)

I just want to make sure that I'm doing it right before I create a patch
that accounts for 5.10.1, 5.12.0, and 5.12.1, and if there's anything
else that I need to add.

I made the assumption that "ext" should be ext + dist + cpan now,
correct?

Here's the output for a 5.12.0 tarball:

C:\Users\Curtis\Desktop\perl-5.12.0>perl ..\perlhistcalc.pl
Selected release sizes for perl tarball extracted in current directory:

core: 4882 100
lib: 1119 121
ext: 14073 2227
t: 6250 1843
doc: 5217 168

Table
apollo: 0 3
beos: 4 4
Configure: 524 1
Cross: 115 15
djgpp: 17 7
emacs: 393 4
epoc: 30 8
h2pl: 12 15
hints: 359 97
mad: 170 8
mpeix: 44 6
NetWare: 455 61
os2: 495 70
plan9: 309 17
Porting: 732 54
qnx: 1 4
symbian: 281 54
utils: 263 27
uts: 8 3
vmesa: 20 4
vms: 630 18
vos: 15 8
win32: 1797 73
x2p: 337 19

--Curtis Jewell.
--
Curtis Jewell
csjewell@cpan.org           http://csjewell.dreamwidth.org/

"Your random numbers are not that random" -- perl-5.10.1.tar.gz/util.c

Strawberry Perl for Windows betas: http://strawberryperl.com/beta/