develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2010

TPF bug-grant report #9

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
May 10, 2010 06:42
Subject:
TPF bug-grant report #9
Message ID:
20100510134204.GI26313@iabyn.com
This week I continued plodding my way through the tie bugs. Closed 8 of
them.

Report for period 2010/05/03 to 2010/05/09 inclusive

SUMMARY
-------

    Effort (HH::MM):

        4:25 diagnosing bugs
       12:30 fixing bugs
        0:00 reviewing other people's bug fixes
        0:00 reviewing ticket histories
        0:00 review the ticket queue (triage)
       -----
       16:55 TOTAL

    Numbers of tickets closed:

           7 tickets closed that have been worked on
           1 tickets closed related to bugs that have been fixed
           0 tickets closed that were reviewed but not worked on (triage)
       -----
           8 TOTAL

DETAIL
------

[perl #7938] local @tied_array broken

    2010/05/04	2:30 fix

    2010/05/04	   - close

    2010/05/04	   - close-also 7939

[perl #22571] tied SPLICE unshift(@x, shift(@x)) doesn't work

    2010/05/05  0:50 diag

    2010/05/05     - close
			actually I decided to reject it as notabug

[perl #34604] Incorrect behaviour of overloaded class instances in tied hashes

    2010/05/08  0:45 diag

    2010/05/08  2:50 fix

    2010/05/08     - close

[perl #41216] m//g is infinite loop when applied to tied array element

    2010/05/04  1:05 diag

    2010/05/05  0:15 diag

    2010/05/05     - close
			actually I decided to reject it as wontfix

[perl #41384] caller() from tied hashes

    2010/05/05  0:15 diag

    2010/05/05     - close
			actually I decided to reject it as notabug

[perl #43789] "in memory" files don't call STORE method when tied

    2010/05/05  1:00 diag

    2010/05/05  4:10 fix

    2010/05/05     - close

[perl #57012] Result of FETCH not checked for overload?

    2010/05/08  0:15 diag

    2010/05/08  0:20 fix

    2010/05/09  0:15 fix

[perl #74484] Regex causing exponential runtime+mem usage

    2010/05/03  2:25 fix

    2010/05/03     - close

--
My Dad used to say 'always fight fire with fire', which is probably why
he got thrown out of the fire brigade.