develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2010

Re: I need help in resolving these 3 broken pod links

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
May 9, 2010 03:56
Re: I need help in resolving these 3 broken pod links
Message ID:
20100509105505.GB23270@klangraum.plasmasturm.org
Hi Karl,

* karl williamson <public@khwilliamson.com> [2010-04-27 20:15]:
>  L<Const> - Facility for creating read-only variables. Similar
>  to C<Readonly>, but uses C<SvREADONLY> instead of C<tie>.
>
> I can't find Const in cpan. I'm assuming it has been removed.

I don’t know, but in any case there is a distro that matches this
description exactly, namely, Readonly::XS.

> In dist/base/lib/base.pm, it says this
>
>  C<base> will also initialize the fields if one of the base
>  classes has it. Multiple inheritance of fields is B<NOT>
>  supported, if two or more base classes each have inheritable
>  fields the 'base' pragma will croak. See L<fields>, L<public>
>  and L<protected> for a description of this feature.
>
> I'm presuming that public and protected have also been removed.

Or possibly were never included. They exist on CPAN as part of
Class::Fields, but that was never part of the core. Maybe it was
installed on the paragraph author’s system and confused them.

Regards,