RE: Policy on Maintenance Releases; Perl 5.12.x maint plan

From:
Jan Dubois
Date:
April 25, 2010 21:32
RE: Policy on Maintenance Releases; Perl 5.12.x maint plan
Message ID:
09d101cae4f9$6b9f1da0$42dd58e0$@activestate.com
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> Reini, I've jsut spent time trolling through the bug tracker. The only
> open ticket I can find whcih mentions cygwin in the subject and has a
> patch is http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=55156
>
> Is that really the only outstanding item? Since you don't want
> to repost your list, it's somewhat hard for me to know what
> needs to happen to improve the state of things. I'm not thrilled
> that we haven't shipped a Perl that works well on cygwin and I'd
> like to fix it.

I believe this is the list Reini is talking about:

    http://github.com/rurban/perl/commits/cygwin

I don't think there are corresponding RT tickets for all changes (which
I think isn't really necessary), but some changes are against dual-lived
modules, so would need to be applied to a CPAN release first.

Cheers,
-Jan