Re: Policy on Maintenance Releases; Perl 5.12.x maint plan

From:
Jesse Vincent
Date:
April 25, 2010 19:51
Re: Policy on Maintenance Releases; Perl 5.12.x maint plan
Message ID:
20100426025129.GU2556@fsck.bestpractical.com

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:03:06AM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
> 2010/4/23 Jesse Vincent:
>
> So the overall conclusion to me, is that I can say to my cygwin folks,
> that perl is still
> broken and will never be fixed for the current cygwin releases, as my
> patches were
> neglected for 5.10.x and 5.12.x.
> And 5.13.0 does also not include it,

Reini,
I've jsut spent time trolling through the bug tracker. The only open
ticket I can find  whcih mentions cygwin in the subject and has a patch
is http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=55156

Is that really the only outstanding item? Since you don't want to
repost your list, it's somewhat hard for me to know what needs to happen
to improve the state of things.  I'm not thrilled that we haven't
shipped a Perl that works well on cygwin and I'd like to fix it.

-Jesse