Re: Policy on Maintenance Releases; Perl 5.12.x maint plan

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
April 22, 2010 13:52
Re: Policy on Maintenance Releases; Perl 5.12.x maint plan
Message ID:
o2yb77c1dce1004221352i88754003l65c306cb28ef2163@mail.gmail.com
On 8 April 2010 18:55, Jesse Vincent <jesse@fsck.com> wrote:
> Based on that discussion, these are the ground rules for future maint
> releases of Perl:
[...]
>  * Updates to dual-life modules should consist of minimal patches to
>    fix crashing or security issues (as above).
>
>  * New versions of dual-life modules should NOT be imported into maint.
>    Those belong in the next stable series.

I would like to add an exception for Module::Corelist. Since a new
version of Module::Corelist is released with each perl, it would be a
pain to patch separately each branch. So it would be less of a hassle
to have 5.12.1's M::C contain also information about 5.13.0, for
example.