Re: Perl 5.12.0 is now available

From:
karl williamson
Date:
April 16, 2010 21:33
Re: Perl 5.12.0 is now available
Message ID:
4BC93A13.8000902@khwilliamson.com
Jesse Vincent wrote:

> Perl 5.12.0 represents approximately two years of development since
> version 5.10.0 and contains over 750,000 lines of changes across over
> 3,000 files from over 200 authors and committers.

In thinking about the announcement, 750K lines sounds impressive; on the
other hand it also sounds like it could be a red flag about too many
changes; some number of them have to have bugs.  I'm wondering if it
would be better to split out code changes into a separate number in the
future.  My guess is that the 750K number includes the many thousands
that I submitted, which were just the published Unicode database, and
nothing that we modified.  These were all .txt files.