Re: [perl #74404] h2ph using deprecated goto

From:
Todd Rinaldo
Date:
April 16, 2010 13:31
Re: [perl #74404] h2ph using deprecated goto
Message ID:
512572C4-2B94-45A6-AC15-655F754B45F4@cpanel.net

On Apr 16, 2010, at 6:02 AM, Zefram wrote:
> Todd Rinaldo wrote:
>> Use of "goto" to jump into a construct is deprecated at utils/h2ph line 349, <IN> line xxxx
>
> You could factor out the EMIT code into a subroutine.  Call it from both
> the current "EMIT:" and "goto EMIT" sites.

It looks like h2ph makes copious use of global variables. As a result, I can commit this evil for a minimal patch. No code was changed moving it into the sub other than passing $proto, which is the only non-global used (but not modified).

I tried a 5.12.0 build with this patch and it seems to be passing tests. there is a lib/h2ph.t file but I don't know what it tests exactly.