Documentation improvement

From:
Maik Hentsche
Date:
April 16, 2010 12:16
Subject:
Documentation improvement
Message ID:
20100416211541.23fe9409@zeus
Hi,
I was recently confused by the way signal handlers using wait() behave
in collaboration with qx() or system().

When you have a signal handler for SIGCHLD that calls wait() and use
qx() or system() in your parent, the signal handler will be called.
Yet, because qx/system already wait()ed for their child the wait in the
signal handler would block. I doubt everyone will understand this in
the first place. Thus, I wrote an improvement for the documentation to
tell people about this issue. Please find the patch attached. It
applies to the current git HEAD.

so long
Maik