Re: [perl.git] branch blead, updated. v5.12.0-49-gcfbab81

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
April 15, 2010 08:53
Re: [perl.git] branch blead, updated. v5.12.0-49-gcfbab81
Message ID:
w2kb77c1dce1004150852v27c81bf2o5a2105ad82ce5bfa@mail.gmail.com
On 15 April 2010 17:37, Jesse Vincent <jesse@fsck.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 09:35:34AM +0200, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
>> Author: Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgs@consttype.org>
>> Date:   Thu Apr 15 09:35:07 2010 +0200
>>
>>     Upgrade to CGI.pm 3.49
>
> So, our policy says that we shouldn't be sending this whole update back
> to maint. But there _is_ a security fix in there, as well as a
> regression that seems "important" to deal with for maint.
>
> Do we want to cherry-pick just those bits? Since there's so little
> actually _in_ this update other than those bits, do we just want to take
> the whole module?
>
> Is this bikeshed teal or or cornflower blue?

I see very little point in including in perl a cpan module that
doesn't have an exact counterpart on CPAN.

If really needed, we can ask the CPAN maintainer to release a special
version X.Y.1 that corresponds to X.Y (shipped with 5.12.0 for
eaxmple) plus one specific patch.

However, I really don't think it's worth the effort here (for the
reasons you listed).