Re: Patches in RT

From:
Jesse Vincent
Date:
April 14, 2010 13:09
Re: Patches in RT
Message ID:
20100414200853.GJ2699@fsck.bestpractical.com

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 04:06:29PM -0400, Jerry D. Hedden wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 15:57, Jesse Vincent <jesse@fsck.com> wrote:
> > "needs to" is kind of a strong statement.  We're all volunteers, here.
>
> Pardon, my language was not intended to ruffle feathers.

No worries.

> I was just trying to put up a reminder that several people had
> been told to put their patches into RT after having first
> posted them to pp.  Since I had never seen this done before,
> I did not know what the standard procedure for closing the
> loop should be, so I just wanted to prompt the pp list that
> these still existed.

Believe me, we're well aware ;)

> If the procedure is that each such
> person that created an RT should now once more post to pp
> requesting their part patches be applied to blead, then I
> will do so for my case. Thanks.

It's not really "procedure", as this is the first time we've gone
through exactly this unfreeze-and-apply frenzy. Having interested
parties doing a round of triage helps keep the committers focused on
applying your patches, rather than going spelunking.

Best,
Jesse