Re: Patches in RT

From:
Jesse Vincent
Date:
April 14, 2010 12:57
Re: Patches in RT
Message ID:
20100414195718.GI2699@fsck.bestpractical.com

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 03:49:12PM -0400, Jerry D. Hedden wrote:
> While blead was in freeze, several people (myself included) were told
> to put pending patches in RT.  Someone with commit capability needs to
> go through RT, find those patches, apply them to blead and then
> resolve the tickets.

Jerry,

"needs to" is kind of a strong statement.  We're all volunteers, here.
If you have a look at the commit logs from the past couple days, the
commits have been coming fast and furious as people have been committing
all manner of bug fixes, doc updates and test fixes....and it's
definitely showing, as the smoke reports have been coming up relatively
black.

There are a _lot_ of patches that need application.  As much as I want
to make sure that every outstanding patch is reviewed and applied
quickly, I also want to make sure that we don't end up committing dozens
of patches _without_ careful thought and review just because bleed
unfroze.

If you have a list of a set of related patches that you know need to go
in, It'd certainly be helpful and worthwhile to send a list of ticket
URLs and oneliners describing the patches to p5p.

Best,
Jesse