Re: Policy on Maintenance Releases; Perl 5.12.x maint plan

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
April 13, 2010 09:44
Re: Policy on Maintenance Releases; Perl 5.12.x maint plan
Message ID:
20100413164442.GG9998@plum.flirble.org
On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 12:55:54PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> Any committer may cherry-pick any commit from blead to maint-5.12 if
> they send mail to perl5-porters announcing their intent to cherry-pick
> a specific commit along with a rationale for doing so and at least two
> other committers respond to the list giving their assent. (This policy
> applies to current and former pumpkings, as well as other committers.)

We don't actually have a public list of who is a committer.

Technically we don't need to have one to implement this policy, but it seems
a bit strange to do it without.

(Technically there isn't a private list either, but anyone who is a committer
by definition can log into the repository machine, and see who is a member
of the relevant Unix group)

Nicholas Clark