Using git-send-email with rt.perl.org

From:
=?UTF-8?B?w4Z2YXIgQXJuZmrDtnLDsCBCamFybWFzb24=?=
Date:
April 9, 2010 14:34
Subject:
Using git-send-email with rt.perl.org
Message ID:
v2z51dd1af81004091434sa9f42fb0l9de6aa506455e7b4@mail.gmail.com
When I send a patch to RT with git-send-email I end up with this:

    http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=74190

That turns 0001-Don-t-run-test_prep-with-j4.patch (attached) into
RT-0001-Don-t-run-test_prep-with-j4.patch (also attached) which when
applied with git-am(1) will give you the wrong thing because the
subject is missing.

Is there a way to download the raw e-mail from RT (or maybe
nntp.perl.org)? Alternatively is there an API for RT I can use to
write a little git-rt-am script that downloads the patch and adds the
appropriate Subject and From header?

Right now i can't see how to apply git-send-email patches from RT
without digging up the original thread on perl5-porters and applying
it from there.