Re: Policy on Maintenance Releases; Perl 5.12.x maint plan

From:
Jesse Vincent
Date:
April 9, 2010 09:45
Re: Policy on Maintenance Releases; Perl 5.12.x maint plan
Message ID:
20100409164447.GF2699@fsck.bestpractical.com

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 05:41:30PM +0100, Paul Marquess wrote:
> From: Jesse Vincent [mailto:jesse@fsck.com]
>
> > Earlier this week, I sent mail suggesting that we begin to consider
> > what tickets might be candidates for inclusion in the next maint
> > release, Perl 5.12.1.
>
> Really good summary, by the way.

Thank you!

> >   * Updates to dual-life modules should consist of minimal patches to
> >     fix crashing or security issues (as above).
>
> Any thoughts on what we do for the version numbers of updated dual-life
> modules, if, say, you want to only take part of a fix that was applied to
> the CPAN copy of the module? Or to apply a fix that hasn't made it to CPAN
> yet?

To date, we've been bumping version numbers to devel version numbers as
minimally above the released version # as possible. Of course, for
non-code changes (docs or tests), we don't always even do _that_.