Home stretch planning for 5.12.0

From:
Jesse Vincent
Date:
April 8, 2010 10:26
Subject:
Home stretch planning for 5.12.0
Message ID:
20100408172615.GR2699@fsck.bestpractical.com
As of now, I'm planning to build and CPAN Perl 5.12.0 this Friday night
with an announcement on Saturday morning.

Before then, I plan to update perldelta to describe a known issue with
CPANPLUS's tests which wasn't fixed for RC4. I do not plan to apply the
proposed patch for this issue before 5.12.0, but will for .1.

When I tag v5.12.0, I'll also create the maint-5.12 branch and bump the
version in blead to 5.13.0.  At that point, I'd really like committers
to not go too wild on blead until we get 5.12.1 nailed down.

According to Porting/release_schedule.pod, Leon Brocard will ship v5.13.0
on April 20th.

Assuming that I tag v5.12.0 on April 9, we'll push v5.12.1-RC1 on April
30 or May 1 with the final release a week later.

-Jesse