Re: RC4 Failures on Snow Leopard

From:
Joshua ben Jore
Date:
April 7, 2010 16:20
Re: RC4 Failures on Snow Leopard
Message ID:
o2gdc5c751d1004071620ybd0b9ea0y8ae12b60336c6360@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Jesse Vincent <jesse@fsck.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 03:15:56PM -0700, Joshua ben Jore wrote:
>> Just built 5.12.0 RC4 on Snow Leopard. kane's fix to
>> cpan/CPANPLUS/t/inc/conf.pl wasn't fully effective. It is effective
>> once I manually also make the needed files executable.
>
> Can you tell me a bit more about exactly what failed and how?

Sorry, since discarded the test transcripts. It was literally the same
failures as David Wheeler had prior to RC4. Turns out add'l work was
required to set $PATH to include our utils/ directory where the
chmod+x scripts are. RC4's $PATH looks in a bin/ which has the right
scripts but they aren't chmod+x.

BinGOs is working to prepare the proper patch which will look
something like the attached. I have a bit of add'l patching on his
patch in that snippet because I think I detected a think-o.

Josh