develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2009

Re: [fwd] [perl.git] branch blead, updated. v5.11.3-15-gbdaf0bc (from: jesse@bestpractical.com)

From:
demerphq
Date:
December 31, 2009 01:58
Re: [fwd] [perl.git] branch blead, updated. v5.11.3-15-gbdaf0bc (from: jesse@bestpractical.com)
Message ID:
9b18b3110912310157p73ff3a7cq939e5d264970e3f6@mail.gmail.com
2009/12/31 Abigail <abigail@abigail.be>:
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 03:58:16PM -0500, jesse wrote:
>> Karl Williamson pointed out to me that we were recommending single-line
>> commit messages as "the right way to do things" in perlrepository.pod.
>>
>> I've taken a first stab at fleshing out some suggestions and guidelines
>> about commit messages.  It could use more work. Patches would be
>> appreciated.
>>
>> --
>
> The first time I read it, it was giving me the impression to put in the
> commit message what you'd put in a code comment.
>
> Perhaps we should add a line saying that a commit message in no way replaces
> code comments.

Ill just stick up my hand and say I dont really agree in practice but
that I agree with the sentiment.

cheers,
Yves