develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2009

Re: [fwd] [perl.git] branch blead, updated. v5.11.3-15-gbdaf0bc(from: jesse@bestpractical.com)

From:
Abigail
Date:
December 30, 2009 15:35
Re: [fwd] [perl.git] branch blead, updated. v5.11.3-15-gbdaf0bc(from: jesse@bestpractical.com)
Message ID:
20091230233613.GB13170@almanda
On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 03:58:16PM -0500, jesse wrote:
> Karl Williamson pointed out to me that we were recommending single-line
> commit messages as "the right way to do things" in perlrepository.pod.
>
> I've taken a first stab at fleshing out some suggestions and guidelines
> about commit messages.  It could use more work. Patches would be
> appreciated.
>
> --

The first time I read it, it was giving me the impression to put in the
commit message what you'd put in a code comment.

Perhaps we should add a line saying that a commit message in no way replaces
code comments.

Abigail