develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2009

Re: What to show when user wants to know how while/if/until etcwork?

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
December 11, 2009 08:31
Re: What to show when user wants to know how while/if/until etcwork?
Message ID:
20091211162812.GA10669@klangraum.plasmasturm.org
* Gabor Szabo <szabgab@gmail.com> [2009-12-06 17:15]:
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
> >How about you link to either one of these, depending on the
> >case:
> >
> >   http://perldoc.perl.org/perlsyn.html#Statement-Modifiers
> >   http://perldoc.perl.org/perlsyn.html#Compound-Statements
>
> Yes we *link* there but what do we *show* ? Those two have too
> much information for someone who just wants to write a simple
> script and needs to understand the syntax of 'foreach'.

What do the existing tooltips show? Do you show the full
`perlfunc` entry for functions? (I ask because some of them are
quite long also.) What’s the precedent here?

Regards,