develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2009

What should \s \w \d match in 5.12?

From:
karl williamson
Date:
September 30, 2009 10:24
Subject:
What should \s \w \d match in 5.12?
Message ID:
4AC393F1.1020708@khwilliamson.com
I had thought in our discussion last year that we had determined that
these should match only in the ASCII range.  And so, I thought that when
Yves flipped the switch on the \p{Posix} matches, that these would
change as well, but that isn't the case:
  perl -E "say chr(0x2028) =~ /\s/"
1

in blead.

If I'm wrong about the agreement, I would like to start another
discussion, and my initial position is that they should only match in
the ASCII range.