develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2009

Ignore some files

From:
Max Maischein
Date:
September 26, 2009 11:45
Subject:
Ignore some files
Message ID:
4ABE6145.5040002@corion.net
Hello p5p,

after

     git clean -fdX
     dmake
     git status

outputs

     # On branch blead
     # Your branch is ahead of 'origin/blead' by 1 commit.
     #
     # Untracked files:
     #   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
     #
     #       ../ext/XSLoader/XSLoader.pm
     #       ../lib/Devel/
     #       ../lib/File/Spec.pm
     #       ../lib/File/Spec/
     nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add"
to track)

These files seem to be copied there by the build process.

The attached three patches add these files to the respective .gitignore
files.

I'm not sure whether patch 0002 should be added, as it blankly puts
whole directories under ignore. Maybe instead these directories should
be added, but their contents ignored, so we learn about files created in
these directories which should either also be put under version control
or should be cleaned up/dealt with in another way.

-max