develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2009

Re: Make makedef.pl build the command line from its own @INC

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
September 24, 2009 12:50
Re: Make makedef.pl build the command line from its own @INC
Message ID:
20090924195040.GZ60303@plum.flirble.org
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 09:35:09PM +0200, Max Maischein wrote:
> Hello again, p5p!
>
> Currently, makedef.pl hardcodes lib/ when it runs $^X to output
> variables from Config.pm. This is bad, because on Windows, it is run
> from win32/ instead. The attached patch lets makedef.pl build the
> command line dynamically by adding all of @INC as -I switches.

Would it also work to do

    $ENV{PERL5LIB} = join $Config{path_sep}, @INC;

before the ``?

That was the approach I took in make_ext.pl, and feels a bit more robust,
as it should cope with any legal filename on the platform in question.
(Except for anyone who puts ':' in a directory name on Unix. Or anywhere with
shorter limits on environment variable length than command line length)

Nicholas Clark