vianame returns either chr or ord

From:
karl williamson
Date:
August 31, 2009 20:24
Subject:
vianame returns either chr or ord
Message ID:
4A9C93F3.7050309@khwilliamson.com
If charnames::vianame is called with a name of the form U+XXXX, it
converts the result with chr before returning.  With any other name it
returns the ordinal number.  This seems like a bug to me, but I want to
make sure I'm not missing something.

I tried looking at the git blame log equivalent for this; and could only
find the latest instance that the lines have changed.  If I click on
what I think would take me to the older version, I get a 404 html error.

The diff at
http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/blobdiff/60a1aa196c6751722bae1e1ee83a99d0d965146d..075d4edd61a9648945541c8a76d8c03d4588400b:/lib/charnames.pm

shows the latest diff.  I would presume I would click on the 'a' link
near the top to get to the older file; that gives the 404, as does the
'b' link.