Re: [DOC] Modernization: perlsyn

From:
Flavio Poletti
Date:
Re: [DOC] Modernization: perlsyn
Message ID:
aeba50980908291346v51f4e41bi330bd7d5804e222b@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Ben Morrow <ben@morrow.me.uk> wrote:

> That said, let me begin the bikeshedding by saying that I really hate
> the {'BAR'} style of hash element (as opposed to simply {BAR}). A quick
> check
>
>    perl% perl -nE'/\{\s*(["\47]?)\w+\1\s*\}/ and say $1' pod/* |
>        sort | uniq -c
>    1128
>      70 "
>     178 '
>
> suggests the core docs agree with me (some of those are false positives
> on things like *FOO{IO}, of course).

Heh, I hate that too when it's not necessary, even though I used it. IIRC I
bumped into one of those 178 with the single quote when making changes, and
thought that the docs were recommending that style somewhere. I'll add
another change to cope with this.

> > Things I hope to remember in the future:
>
> If you're interested in review, then posting patches would be helpful.
> It would probably be better to post something like that branch you have
> their as a single diff for the sake of review, even though the commits
> will hopefully be pulled separately.

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll produce a diff and post it here (I'll do
this for perldata as well, of course).

Cheers,

   Flavio.