Re: The plan for ext/ and dual-life modules

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
Re: The plan for ext/ and dual-life modules
Message ID:
b77c1dce0908290955r2749c502qa0e20d270df3624c@mail.gmail.com
2009/8/29 Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch@woobling.org>:
> 2009/8/29 Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgarciasuarez@gmail.com>:
>
>> +1 too. That might need fixes in Configure and the build systems.
>> (notably -Dnoextesions/-Donlyextensions, and the ability to drop CPAN
>> distributions in ext/ to have them built with perl)
>
> Could module interdependencies be resolved automatically using
> META.yml? I suppose CPAN.pm's code could be reused for something like
> that (sort of like running `cpan .` but without using tarballs/the
> index, only build dirs)?

Configure doesn't handle interdependencies between extensions. I don't
see a big need for it, since the typical use anyway is to install perl
first, modules afterwards...

Or are you only talking about build ordering ?

--
The world is independent of my will.
    -- Wittgenstein, Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus, 6.373