develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2009

RE: Smoke [5.11.0] blead-1964-g2adbc9b FAIL(F) MSWin32 Win2000 SP4 (x86/1 cpu)

Thread Previous
From:
Steve Hay
Date:
August 28, 2009 08:27
Subject:
RE: Smoke [5.11.0] blead-1964-g2adbc9b FAIL(F) MSWin32 Win2000 SP4 (x86/1 cpu)
Message ID:
1B32FF956ABF414C9BCE5E487A1497E7041C4121@ukmail02.planit.group
Craig A. Berry wrote on 2009-08-28:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Nicholas Clark<nick@ccl4.org> wrote:
> 
> 
>> But it should still be the same (actual) path, and nothing is
changing
>> directory here. Hence why I'm really confused, as I would have
thought
>> that all the C runtime gubbins loading the DLL will be loading it
>> either as ../../lib/$whatever or
>> C:/gitclients/perl/ext/DynaLoader/../../lib/$whatever or
>> C:/gitclients/perl/lib/$whatever
> 
> Setting PERL_DL_DEBUG in the environment should get it to spit out
> where it's looking for what, assuming it's finding DynaLoader but then
> failing to find other things.

I tried but that it doesn't give any more output.

If I change the eval { } to eval " " in DynaLoader.t line 90 then the
test runs okay, but (obviously) fails that test (number 15). However,
there is scarcely any extra output, and none at all that relates to test
15:

C:\gitclients\perl\ext\DynaLoader>set PERL_DL_DEBUG=2

C:\gitclients\perl\ext\DynaLoader>..\..\perl -I..\..\t
-MTestInit=U2T,A,NC -T t\DynaLoader.t
1..40
DynaLoader.pm loaded (C:\gitclients\perl\lib C:\gitclients\perl\t, \lib)
ok 1 - use DynaLoader;
ok 2 - DynaLoader->can('bootstrap')
ok 3 - DynaLoader->can('dl_load_flags')
ok 4 - DynaLoader->can('dl_error')
ok 5 - DynaLoader->can('dl_find_symbol')
ok 6 - DynaLoader->can('dl_install_xsub')
ok 7 - DynaLoader->can('dl_load_file')
ok 8 - DynaLoader->can('dl_undef_symbols')
ok 9 - DynaLoader->can('dl_unload_file')
not ok 10 - DynaLoader->can('dl_expandspec') # TODO Test::More::can_ok()
seems to have trouble dealing with AutoLoaded functions
#   Failed (TODO) test 'DynaLoader->can('dl_expandspec')'
#   at t\DynaLoader.t line 66.
#     DynaLoader->can('dl_expandspec') failed
not ok 11 - DynaLoader->can('dl_findfile') # TODO Test::More::can_ok()
seems to have trouble dealing with AutoLoaded functions
#   Failed (TODO) test 'DynaLoader->can('dl_findfile')'
#   at t\DynaLoader.t line 67.
#     DynaLoader->can('dl_findfile') failed
not ok 12 - DynaLoader->can('dl_find_symbol_anywhere') # TODO
Test::More::can_ok() seems to have trouble dealing with AutoLoaded
functions
#   Failed (TODO) test 'DynaLoader->can('dl_find_symbol_anywhere')'
#   at t\DynaLoader.t line 68.
#     DynaLoader->can('dl_find_symbol_anywhere') failed
ok 13 - calling DynaLoader::bootstrap() with no argument
DynaLoader::bootstrap for egg_bacon_sausage_and_spam
(auto/egg_bacon_sausage_and_spam/egg_bacon_sausage_and_spam.dll)
dl_findfile(-LC:\gitclients\perl\lib -LC:\gitclients\perl\t
egg_bacon_sausage_and_spam)
 checking in C:\gitclients\perl\lib for egg_bacon_sausage_and_spam.dll
 checking in C:\gitclients\perl\lib for egg_bacon_sausage_and_spam.dll
 checking in C:\gitclients\perl\lib for
libegg_bacon_sausage_and_spam.dll
 checking in C:\gitclients\perl\lib for egg_bacon_sausage_and_spam
 checking in C:\gitclients\perl\t for egg_bacon_sausage_and_spam.dll
 checking in C:\gitclients\perl\t for egg_bacon_sausage_and_spam.dll
 checking in C:\gitclients\perl\t for libegg_bacon_sausage_and_spam.dll
 checking in C:\gitclients\perl\t for egg_bacon_sausage_and_spam
dl_findfile found: 
ok 14 - calling DynaLoader::bootstrap() with a package without binary
object
not ok 15 - calling DynaLoader::dl_load_file() with no argument
#   Failed test 'calling DynaLoader::dl_load_file() with no argument'
#   at t\DynaLoader.t line 91.
#                   'Not enough arguments for DynaLoader::dl_load_file
at (eval 13) line 2, near "() 
# "
# '
#     doesn't match '/^Usage: DynaLoader::dl_load_file\(filename,
flags=0\)/'
ok 16 - calling DynaLoader::dl_load_file() with undefined argument
ok 17 - calling DynaLoader::dl_load_file() without an existing library
should fail
ok 18 - dl_error() returning an error message: 'load_file:The specified
module could not be found at t\DynaLoader.t line 99.
# '
dl_findfile(c)
dl_findfile found: 
ok 19 - calling dl_findfile()
ok 20 # skip dl_findfile test not appropriate on MSWin32
ok 21 - loading Cwd
ok 22 - loading File::Glob
ok 23 # skip List::Util not available
ok 24 # skip List::Util not available
ok 25 # skip List::Util not available
ok 26 - loading SDBM_File
ok 27 - loading Socket
DynaLoader::bootstrap for Time::HiRes (auto/Time/HiRes/HiRes.dll)
ok 28 - loading Time::HiRes
ok 29 - checking number of items in @dl_librefs
ok 30 - checking number of items in @dl_modules
ok 31 - calling dl_unload_file() for Time::HiRes
ok 32 -  - unload was successful
ok 33 - calling dl_unload_file() for Socket
ok 34 -  - unload was successful
ok 35 - calling dl_unload_file() for SDBM_File
ok 36 -  - unload was successful
ok 37 - calling dl_unload_file() for File::Glob
ok 38 -  - unload was successful
ok 39 - calling dl_unload_file() for Cwd
ok 40 -  - unload was successful
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 40.

Thread Previous


nntp.perl.org: Perl Programming lists via nntp and http.
Comments to Ask Bjørn Hansen at ask@perl.org | Group listing | About