[patch 0/3] - private arenas prep

From:
Jim Cromie
Date:
August 26, 2009 17:09
Subject:
[patch 0/3] - private arenas prep
Message ID:
cfe85dfa0908261709q4b339030racefc49314da2229@mail.gmail.com
> Simply put, heres the steps (modulo grouping)
>
>   1   add void* reqid to struct arena_desc
>   1b  get_arena(void*reqid), to remember requestors of allocations.
>   2   refactor more_bodies() to thread free bodies onto any root.
>   2b  clarify sv_type -> reqid mapping in (new|del)_body macros
>   2c  add (new|del)_body_private(void* reqid) macros

I have pushed the above to github, ie:

git clone git://github.com/jimc/perl.git

on the pa1 branch.

0001-split-arena-mgmt-fields-out-of-struct-arena_set-int.patch
0002-add-reqid-field-to-arena-descriptor-and-arg-to-get_.patch
0003-rework-new-del-_body-w-macros-clarify-mapping-sv.patch

I havent mastered multiple pushes of same branch,
so up til now, Ive just deleted and repushed them.
I guess this is sub-optimal wrt anyone tracking the repo,
but nobody's tried that (according to the dashboard)

Any hints welcome;  Id like more git-fu, and less git-oof ;-)

I'll inline them one at a time, in reply to this.
I presume github refs are as good as, or better than,
attached patches.