Re: [perl #68706] problem with pod inside function arguments

From:
Eric Brine
Date:
Re: [perl #68706] problem with pod inside function arguments
Message ID:
f86994700908221144n1a28b390t9056f85887ac562@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Rafael Garcia-Suarez <
rgarciasuarez@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/8/21 Aaron Trevena <perlbug-followup@perl.org>:
> > Adding pod inside of a function call resulted in the following error:
> >
> >  String found where operator expected at
> >
> /home/teejay/development/freelance/lucemincendo/trunk/webserver/script/../lib/RSTDB/Schema/Result/Person.pm
> > line 30, near "cut
> >  "person_id""
> >        (Do you need to predeclare cut?)
> >
> > It appears that perl parses the =cut at the end and the next line as
> > code, rather than just the next line - adding whitespace and newlines
> > didn't affect this.
>
> I think that this is documented somewhere (you can use pod only
> between statements), but I can't find where exactly by now...

It's in perlsyn. It needs to be in perlpod as well!