Re: [perl #68706] problem with pod inside function arguments

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
Re: [perl #68706] problem with pod inside function arguments
Message ID:
b77c1dce0908220444j3621b6d9v83097e6e79266@mail.gmail.com
2009/8/21 Aaron Trevena <perlbug-followup@perl.org>:
> Adding pod inside of a function call resulted in the following error:
>
>  String found where operator expected at
> /home/teejay/development/freelance/lucemincendo/trunk/webserver/script/../lib/RSTDB/Schema/Result/Person.pm
> line 30, near "cut
>  "person_id""
>        (Do you need to predeclare cut?)
>
> It appears that perl parses the =cut at the end and the next line as
> code, rather than just the next line - adding whitespace and newlines
> didn't affect this.

I think that this is documented somewhere (you can use pod only
between statements), but I can't find where exactly by now...