Re: p5 on the JVM

From:
David Nicol
Date:
Re: p5 on the JVM
Message ID:
934f64a20908211121r5f347397qda5bf35fb1b028a9@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 6:36 AM, James Laver<james.laver@gmail.com> wrote

> Because a simplified perl that didn't have these problems just
> wouldn't be perl. We had a good discussion about it and it seemed that
> it would have to be radically different.

I am curious as to the grounds on which your discussion rejected the
notion of following the LisP model where there is a minimal core that
builds all the fancier stuff out of macros, if it even came up.  I am
a proponent of applying that model to reengineering-of-perl planning
and would like to hear the flaws you found in that approach if it was
considered.