Re: p5 on the JVM

From:
Piotr Roszatycki
Date:
Re: p5 on the JVM
Message ID:
56f6ed4a0908210417t5d0fcf36ka06918b22decc6c4@mail.gmail.com
2009/8/21 Ben Evans <benjamin.john.evans@googlemail.com>:
> The problem with Perl is parsing.

Why don't you create another dialect of Perl which would be very
similar to original implementation but without some limits of original
parser? Why did you try to make Perl on JVM 100% compatible with
current implementation? I mean you could remove i.e. indirect notation
or some strange syntax missteps without pain.

There is another dialect of Perl: Kurila, but I think this project
went too far with changes. Probably if the Perl on JVM would be close
to original Perl5, I would use it and make my modules compatible with
it.

--
 .''`.    Piotr Roszatycki
: :' :    mailto:Piotr.Roszatycki@gmail.com