Looking for help with with perl <5.8.8 problem blocking NYTProf

From:
Tim Bunce
Date:
August 6, 2009 03:48
Subject:
Looking for help with with perl <5.8.8 problem blocking NYTProf
Message ID:
20090806104753.GA18279@timac.local
The problem is summarised here:
http://code.google.com/p/perl-devel-nytprof/source/browse/trunk/gotobug/README

The .../gotobug directory contains a very small test case that
reproduces the problem.

I'd appreciate any insight into the cause and/or how to workaround it.

If I can't find a solution in the next few days then I'll bump the
minimum perl version required for NYTProf to 5.8.8. I don't feel bad
about that, but it would be nice to avoid it if possible.

Tim.