Prefixification and relative directories (Re: any 5.10.1showstoppers?)

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
August 5, 2009 00:37
Subject:
Prefixification and relative directories (Re: any 5.10.1showstoppers?)
Message ID:
4A7936B9.9070704@pobox.com
Oh goodie, another special case for prefixificaiton.

MakeMaker does not prefix relative directories.  The reasoning is lost,
there's just this:

commit 2011f6497b6a2f94ae670bb3208d7bff80dbad33
Author: Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com>
Date:   Tue Nov 4 00:13:05 2003 +0000

        - Fixing minor bug in VMS prefixification logic when PREFIX was not set
          by the user.
        - Fixing potential bug in prefixification for relative directories

    Basically, we check $self->{ARGS}{PREFIX} first to see if prefixification
    is necessary.  We also don't bother to prefixify relative directories.

    git-svn-id: http://svn.schwern.org/repos/CPAN/ExtUtils-MakeMaker/trunk@1812
8151f2b9-fde8-0310-94fd-f048d12aab9e

Encountering a perl with a relative @INC was never considered.  In fact, it
seems the tests are being run while Perl has an @INC that includes things
which are not even valid paths!  This doesn't seem like such a hot idea.

Anyhow, I don't remember why prefixification didn't apply to relative
directories so I'll just remove that.

I've committed it and pushed out 6.55_02.

--
7. Not allowed to add "In accordance with the prophesy" to the end of
   answers I give to a question an officer asks me.