Re: [perl #68020] Evil combination of regexes, lexicals, andautovivication

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
Re: [perl #68020] Evil combination of regexes, lexicals, andautovivication
Message ID:
20090803205150.GZ4204@iabyn.com
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:46:39AM -0700, John Peacock wrote:
>    my $rx = qr{ (?{ @arr = [1]; $arr[-1][0] = 0; my $var; }) }x;

Any use of lexical vars within (?{...}) is currently deeply broken due to
the braindead way it's implemented (eval the code, then keep the eval'd
CV's body around for future use. Eveything related to pads and closures is
then wrong).

I've had this on my list of things to fix for years. Got halfway to
a solution, then maint pumpkingness took over my life...

--
This email is confidential, and now that you have read it you are legally
obliged to shoot yourself. Or shoot a lawyer, if you prefer. If you have