develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2009

Dual-lived modules, bug tracker

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
July 29, 2009 02:22
Subject:
Dual-lived modules, bug tracker
Message ID:
20090729092153.5231.qmail@lists.develooper.com
Dear porters,

what's the policy for dual-lived modules that are maintained primarily
as part of core perl (i.e. Porting/Maintainers gives "UPSTREAM" =
"blead") with respect to bug tracking? In principle, the bugs should be
reported to rt.perl.org, but that doesn't stop users from reporting to
the rt.cpan.org queue.

Supposing I can't fix all of the bugs (or rather few). Should I post a
notice to the list?

Should I refile the bugs and close the rt.cpan.org tickets?

Cheers,
Steffen