develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2009

Usable snapshots now available on the perl web page.

From:
demerphq
Date:
July 28, 2009 04:24
Subject:
Usable snapshots now available on the perl web page.
Message ID:
9b18b3110907280424n7e20516fl96327e90fbdbcc84@mail.gmail.com
HI,

We now serve usable snapshots (that is they contain a proper .patch
required to build newer Perls without git) on the perl repository web
page at perl5.git.perl.org

Please be aware that the download may take some time to start in some
circumstances.

Also, please dont go crazy with this. We would much prefer that people
only use snapshots
who really need them. If you can easily install git then use that instead.

Also, Im not sure of the backporting status of the new .patch
infrastructure, it may be that Perl 5.10.1 is not buildable using
these snapshots. If so we will try to figure it out, subject to
approval by Dave M.

cheers,
Yves