develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2009

Re: any 5.10.1 showstoppers?

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
Re: any 5.10.1 showstoppers?
Message ID:
4A6C9634.7020509@pobox.com
demerphq wrote:
> Actually, ive been meaning to chase something related to that, in that
> some time back I did some slicing and dicing of some of the test files
> in the core that are shared by EUMM and EUI to make it easier to
> construct the EUMM and EUI from the core files properly, but it seems
> maybe these changes were not pushed to EUMM even though Schwern was
> advised of them, and I think later on they were overwritten by
> somebody doing a naive "copy EUMM" into core. So its actually possible
> that EUI isnt being properly tested in core anymore. I need to dig
> further today.

I decided against taking it upstream as it made basic.t, the most complicated
test, even more complicated.  The plan for core moving forward, as far as I'm
concerned, is to put all dual-life modules into their own ext/ directory and
stop scattering tests around lib/ and then the problem of clashing goes away.
 This was done back in March but held up pending 5.10.1.
http://github.com/schwern/perl/tree/ext_tests

--
Look at me talking when there's science to do.
When I look out there it makes me glad I'm not you.