develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2009

Re: 'perlre' manpage 'deficiency' (bug?) & 'perlreref' inconsistency

From:
Linda W
Date:
Re: 'perlre' manpage 'deficiency' (bug?) & 'perlreref' inconsistency
Message ID:
4A6BFF72.90508@tlinx.org
demerphq wrote:
> 2009/7/25 Linda W <perl-diddler@tlinx.org>:
>> Is it purposeful or an unintentional omission (bug?), that the 'o'
>> operator is missing from the list of flags.
>
> Intentional i think. /o is deprecated more or less.
---
	Intentional?  That certainly hasn't been made clear --
not to mention it does have _limited_ usefulness (though can cause
confusion if you don't understand the concept.

>> Also, as the manpage is really just about regex's, and not the
>> replacement part of an 's' command, maybe the 'e' command not being
>> mentioned is not a omission, however, it's a bit odd that it would
>> occur in a mention of perlreref then (personally I think it might be
>> friendly/helpful to mention it in both places, but 'technically', one
>> might consider it not belonging in either...snort;  I prefer helpful...:-).
>
> Hmm, doc patch to see what you think would be better would be a good idea.
---
	"doc patch", is that a verb?  I'm not familiar with how to do
that action. ;~?

-l