develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2009

delete local $a[$idx] - delete local $h{$key}

From:
Vincent Pit
Date:
July 25, 2009 14:36
Subject:
delete local $a[$idx] - delete local $h{$key}
Message ID:
4A6B7AEC.1040402@profvince.com
I've just pushed a "deletelocal" branch to the repository that contains
the implementation of "delete local $a[$idx] - delete local $h{$key}".
This syntax was actually valid for a long time (at least since 5.6) but
didn't do anything. Following a suggestion from Ricardo, I've made it
equivalent "delete $a[$idx]; local $a[$idx]", except that it returns the
value before the localization.

There are no changes to the grammar. The optree changes are minimal (now
OP_DELETE also accepts OPpLVAL_INTRO). It works for (?:arrays|hashes)
(?:references)? (?:subscripts|slices).

You can find it at :

    http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/shortlog/refs/heads/deletelocal

Tests, reviews and comments welcome.